A82: Hays Games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Hays Games

...post leaves topic...now

  This probably more a topic for A83, but since I'm no longer
subscribed to that list(and nothing is going on this one...)

   What's the deal with Hays Games? They seem to feel it is their
right to steal other people's programs as their own (Today example:
Tetris Gold). Not only are the programs nearly identical but certain
bugs and mysterious size increases have also been added.

   I went to their web page
(www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hub/4273/index.html)

  I emailed them inquiring about their thefts and they replied:

>Now Sam, must you be so harsh?  What Hays Games Co. is trying to do
>is benefit the TiCommunity by releasing many games, and sometimes we
>have to go the extra mile to do it.  Besides, these are all little 1-
>5k Basic, Free, Calculator programs.  Let's talk about copying for a
>bit.  You have copied all your life, you wouldn't even know english
>with out copying your parents.  At Hays, we belive in quantity over
>quality.  Besides, you are a NOBODY in the TiCommunity.  Hays Games
>Co. has become powerful over the past year, we even got rid of Bill
>Nagel from the Ti83 front, so watch out who your dealing with.
>
>Mike Smith
>Hays Games Co.

  I'm not even going to bother commenting on the above.

   It appears in their PUDs that they have every desire to continue
this practice. I also couldn't help, but notice their "interview" with
Bryan, in which he implies that they have been doing this for some
time. If he was still running the archives, no way sh*t like Tetris
Gold would get posted (also the source code archive wouldn't be
horribly out of date, but...). Kirk is doing a good job on the whole
though with program updating seemingly just as prompt as before.

...Post gets back on topic....now

   So how about some people start making some levels for PJ? I threw
those MakeSome levels together in less than an hour, so it's really
not that tough. As soons as I get a little more time, I'll convert
those 83/85 levels over.
    Sam