Re: A82: CrASH bug solved...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH bug solved...

>you've stated that you've found the crash bug many times, sam.  perhaps
>this time you did, but all for naught.

  I really have this time. In order to make a program work for CrASH,
you normally need to put set/res 1,(iy+13) at the beginning and end of
the program so TEXT_MEM does get changed. I took that a step further and
put set/res 2,(iy+13), and the problem was fixed. I guess in ASH all of
this is done from within the shell before and after the program is run.

>  the crash team has discontinued
>their shell development, and there won't be any more versions of crash.
>perhaps the source to crash should be passed on to someone else so
Dines
>has competition and will finish his ash versions more quickly.

    That's too bad. Did I miss an announcement or something?

> besides... all you had to do
>is press CLEAR and then raise the contrast. if you pressed on, then it
>would crash.  the contrast dimmed, it never turned off, possibly
because
>there was an unprintable character in the text memory.
>
>-Greg

 Not true. The bug also caused all availible memory to drop to zero,
which can only be fixed by resetting the calc. If it was only a contrast
issue, then I wouldn't care about whether or not the bug is fixed.
   Sam