Re: A82: multiply by 12 (and some SQRXZ stuff)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> That should do it.  It works on the principle of shifting numbers.  Nearly
> any multiple of a number can be calculated fairly quickly using shifting.
> Hope that helps.  Now (since I helped you out), get this SQRXZ 82 beta 2
> guy off my case.  Don't worry, I'm still releasing SQRXZ 82 anyway, no
> matter what everyone says.  This guy doesn't have the advantages that my
> version has...except his is a working, tested port and mine isn't.

I'd say a working, tested port is a massive advantage. :)

> BTW, Bryan Rabeler tried SQRXZ 82 on his TI-82 ROM v16.0 and it crashed
> instantly.  I seem to have another advantage, as the guy was about to lose
> the program off of ticalc.org, because the program didn't work (Bryan's a
> nice guy though and will leave it on...just to get to his goal of 10,000
> programs).  Exact quote from Bryan after the crash:  "Should be an Alpha."

It did not crash instantly.  I played the game for a while and when I tried to
exit it crashed.  I guess I should change my little statement. :)  Florent was
right to call it a beta.  I never even considered not putting it on ticalc.org.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives

Follow-Ups: References: