Re: A82: Orzunoid tidbits

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Orzunoid tidbits

>>THAT GAME IS GREAT.  I always loved text based games, either by text
>>based graphically or text based as in typing the path you wish to take
>>(go north, drop item, etc.).  Thanks for the game.  It looks like it
was
>>made in QB (size and feel of it), but looking at the hex codes it
looks
>>like C.  Either way I think the game is great, and I think I'll make
my
>>own version of it (he he).

>You try to sound like a wise man, but fall very short. Why? I haven't
been
>able to make a TI game with QB or C, so how can anyone else? We use
ASM,
>baby, the language of people who like speed.

I was talking about Rogue.exe...I hexed viewed it and it had stuff like
"malloc(%d)" which is something C and C++ leaves behind as a "signature"
type thing.  Just like QBASIC leaves behind the filename near the
beginning of the file and also a line like "RETURN without GOSUB"
somewhere in it, C and C++ leave behind "trash" (I call it this because
if your program is errorfree then you don't need the error messages).  I
love speed, and I know ASM, but I said that the program "looked" like it
was made in QB or C, not that I really meant that it
absolutely-positively-without-a-doubt-was made in QB or C.

>I'll give you this - ASM is
>similar to C. In fact, C is based on ASM (and in a way, the TI ASM is
MUCH
>closer to C).

I'm not a moron, I know let's see, from bottom up:  Electronics,
digital, CPU architecture, ASM, modular ASM, C, QC, C++, BASIC, QBASIC,
VBDOS, VB, VC, VC++, HTML, and a little Javascript.  TI ASM I know how
it basically works, but since I can't grasp the motorola's architecture
completely, I can't completely understand it's commands.  Yes, I'm a PC
guy and not a MAC user, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to use a
MAC, nor my calculator.  I'm trying to learn TI ASM, but with all these
errors that the calculators have been having through doing the backup
(from what I've heard), I'm afraid of making something and it either (a)
not compiling, (b) not linking, (c) not having a specific library, (d)
not being able to locate the library, etc.  I just don't want to crash
or mess up anything right now (I've already killed my 85).

>Man, you MUST be new to the TI scene. Lemme also guess that you are a
grad
>of the QBasic scene.

Yeah, I guess you can say for being on this list the past month that I'm
fairly new to this LIST.  I know exactly what's going on in the world of
TI.  I didn't get on this list to seek out what the world of TI is
about, I got on here to help and to learn actual assembly.  I voice my
opinion about a game being great and you go off flaming me and making me
look like a fool, now who's ignorant?

You could say I'm a grad of the QB scene, whatever that means.  I knew
QB for 5 or so years, and I've only recently taken classes in it (so I
can have a record).  People in my class make stuff like "Average three
numbers that the user inputs and print it on the screen" while I do
individual projects like "Make a DNA-double helix model rotate on the
screen in 3d space with the ability for the user to get a virtual hands
on at it" or even "Make an ASM compiler that uses encryption bases so
that people can't edit the code, and also make it very versatile to
pkzip (instead of 20% it's around 40-60% compression)."

-Rob
ICQ:9188921 "No Sol to kill"
e-mail1:rc_ware@hotmail.com
e-mail2:rc_ware@yahoo.com
e-mail3:rc_ware@geocities.com
webpage:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4049/index.html

>BTW, do yourself a favor and read the ASH/CrASH documentation
>sometime. I
>read your webpage and it does sound like you're a bonafide >programmer.
You
>just need to learn a little bit more about 82 ASM.

Do MYSELF a favor?  I think I know what I'm doing.  First of all I don't
even own an 82, so why would I read documentation on the 82's innards?
The only calculators I own are an HP48GX, Casio, TI-92, and a ROM-broken
TI-85.  I use the 82s at school, and I program BASIC stuff on them for
my APCalc and Physics classes for the students who can't do the
trig/algebra/geometry/calc in their heads.  And why would I EVER get a
program named "crash" if I'm worried about my calculator crashing?

As for my webpage, I'm a programmer and designer.  I also invent things
and think up weird philosophies.  I work with my biology teacher about
molecular biology (trying to make a Quad-helix dna).  I help people out
with problems because I could make a great psychologist.  I teach myself
everything before I even enter a class on it, just so I can stay one
step ahead of everyone (let's me know if the teacher is teaching right,
and if not I can correct him so the other students "get it").  In the
future if I can I'll major in Electronic engineering, Computer
engineering, Programming, molecular biology, and psychology.  For now
that's all I want to be, later I may want more.  I'm not God, but in
order for me to help others, I have to know more than those I'm
helping...it's much easier to lower yourself to others then it is either
for them to lower themselves, or for you to raise yourself.  Since I'm
doing all this "stuff" I haven't time to fix my website, or even update
it.  By this summer I may have my own domain anyway (WOOHOO, no more
stupid geocities advertisement, and no more of this hotmail or yahoo).

I know I need to learn 82 ASM, but when I finally RECEIVE an 82, I'll
learn it.  As of now I think I'm aloud to say if a program is good or
not, can't I?  And for those programs, I can read ANY language and
actually see what is happening in the program (because all languages are
basically the same, be it "PRINT" for basic, "DISP" for tibasic, "ADD"
for asm, "AppActivate" for vb, "malloc()" for c, or "throw the steak to
the lions" for english).

I guess people could say I'm gifted, I don't think so, I just learned
"if I put my mind to it, I can accomplist anything."  I actually envy
normal people at times, I've lost common sense through my learnings, and
also lost some other things.  I sometimes have memory lapses that make
me forget a whole day to a whole week (it usually comes back, only
temporary), during that time I have no idea what I'm doing.  Like this
letter, I may forget it tomorrow, but by Monday I may remember it.  I
wish I were normal.

-Rob
signature above