Re: A82: Is this right?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Is this right?

Larry G Currie wrote:

> I am in the process of releasing a hardware device that is of use in asm
> programs.  If I modify someone else's program, what is my responsibility?
>  Should I contact them?  Do I need their permission?  I'm not changing
> the actual program's operations/look/feel , just the input routine they
> use.
> ~Larry C
> Larry1492@juno.com

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

If you modify someone else's program and release that, then you need to
contact the author and get their permission.  Unless of course, the
documentation for that program says that you can freely modify & distribute
that program, which I highly doubt it does.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, HTML, and Support