Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

Michael Pearce wrote:

> >Please don't release the source code to these shells, it will just
> >encourage others to write massive numbers of shells.
> >

> I don't really think that would happen on the 82.  the reason it was
> like that for the 85 is that everyone waited for *years* for the next
> version of zshell to be released and it never happened.  it would be
> good for people to be knowledgable enough to write their own shells,
> so the source code would be beneficial to the 82 community, IMHO (but
> not without the author's permission).
>
> -mike pearce

I still think it would.  Shells are considered the elite of all programs,
like what Windows is to the computer software industry.  Anyone with a
big ego wants to have their own shell (and believe me, that's a lot of
people), and the release of source code would just make it easier for
anyone to make one.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, HTML, and Support