Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> I wouldn't know this because I'm not a beta tester.  Making a shell takes a
> lot of effort and knowledge of the 82 backup file.  I took the initiative
> to take a shell apart to see what it looks like.  Once I've got the code
> commented, and I figure out how to create pointers in the VAT and put those
> pointers/variables into TI-BASIC code, I'll be able to write MY OWN shell
> from scratch (which will be based solely on a game engine...so the current
> code won't be any good except for the VAT entries and TI-BASIC code to
> enter the shell).  Besides, Kouri and Evil Sam and anyone else, you want to
> write your own shell too...why not start with a base and work up from
> there?  Beginner shell writers have no idea where to start or how to code
> one, so they need some type of example.  I need the routines anyway for
> OShell-82 and OS-82 to make ASH/CrASH code easy to port to those shells.

We don't need any more shells.  The TI-92 scene is very peaceful and nice, only
one shell.  What would be the point of making 10 new shells, except to confuse
everyone futher?  And I bet a shell based on a game engine would be very
bloated... and what's the point of porting Ash/CrASH programs to OS-82?  No one
uses OS-82 anymore...

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, HTML, and Support