Re: A82: Omegasoft

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Omegasoft

wwd@Callisto.US.Fornax.COM wrote:

> Here is the deal: My dad is helping me set
> up a webserver using linux.  This will mean
> that i am getting my own domain :-)  I think
> i might put it up on geocities or somewhere
> else, because Xoom's email isn't getting
> through to any of my addy's.  If you could
> set up an acount for me with the name
> omegaorg it would be much appreciated.
>
> My permanent address will be
> http://www.omegasoft.com.  To get to the
> site where Omegasoft's home will be goto
> http://omega.home.ml.org.
>
> I have never used linux before so i am
> interested in seeing my web performance with
> it.  Once again the address is
> www.omegasoft.com it will be up in a week or
> so i will send another email to tell you all
> when it is up.  I need more ppl!
> If you wanna help with graphics or become
> staff please email me!
>
> I have expanded my offer to people also that
>
> are graphic experts.  We are in dire need of
>
> them.  Also if anyone has any advanced Java
> and HTML expertise it would also be
> apreciated.  I know html, but if you wanna
> add a section u will be credited
>
> Will Dempster
> Omegasoft Assembly Productions
> http://www.omegasoft.com
> willpower@omegasoft.com:when i put up the
> server
> -------------------------------------
> Name: Will Dempster
> E-mail: wwd@Callisto.US.Fornax.COM
> Date: 6/2/98
> Time: 7:51:25 PM
>
> This message was sent by Chameleon
> -------------------------------------

Um... ???

Well, first off are you going to pay the reg. fee for a .com domain?
'Cause you could probably just get a [your name].dyn.ml.org, for free...
Also a bit of a clarification for any else reading the above message....
the "it" that's going on geocities, is the "home", he doesn't think the
server is going there... that made me roll my eyes for a moment when I
first read it...

-- Cory R. Crooks
badman@velocity.net

P.S. Using Linux... WICKED KICK-@$$ AWESOME!!! LINUX FRIGGIN' RULES!