Re: A82: A little programming help needed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 20:33:06 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>>I am working on a game and there are a few things i would like to
>>know.  I am programming for ASH 3.0.  What i would like to know is, i
>>need to use more memory than will fit in text_mem 1 and 2, so how do i
>>check the VAT for free memory on the 82?  Also, how do i make it where
>>the ON key does not crash the calc when pressed?  Please help ASAP.
>>(Sorry if these are answered in some documentation that i missed)
>
>Unfortunately, the 82 has 0 free memory during normal operation.  This won't
>do you any good.  CrASH 2.0 could have support for custom VAT read/write
>routines or something.
>
>If you really need memory, try using APD_BUF.  Just be careful of interrupt
>routines that may be there and don't use KEY_HAND as an APD may occur.
>
>-- Barubary

How big is the APD buffer?  Is it the size of GRAPH_MEM? (i didn't see
the size in 82-ram.txt)  Does the calculator crash when ON is pressed
because i am using KEY_HAND instead of GET_KEY?  What are the
advantages of programming for CrASH (besides the ON key thing)?  What
is the advantage of using KEY_HAND instead of GET_KEY, or vice versa?
Sorry for so many questions...

-mike pearce
mgp4007@omega.uta.edu