Re: A82: Re: Game Wizard v2.0 bug discovered!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:18 AM 2/8/98 +0100, you wrote:
>When I decided to include relocation in Ash 3.0 i was aware that it would
>mean the programs like Game Wizard would need a few changes, but since
>Game Wizard was the only program of that kind I did not think it would be
>a problem. At that time I had no idear that you where going to release an
>Ash 3.0 version of the program without making the small changes which was
>needed.
>
>You (Thomas) have made a program for Ash 3.0
>which crashes some times when you use Ash. This is NOT my fault ! The
>problem could be avaoided with a few lines of code, you chose not to
>include it and that is why your program crash. (If you send me the source
>I might be willing to correct MY error in YOUR program :-) ).

I have no idea what you are talking about with all this error business.
Game Wizard v2.0 works just fine except when it comes before another
program in the ASH menu and the reason why is because of simpel relocation.
 This is an ASH bug as I have pointed out previously and NOT my program's
fault.  I shared the only possible workaround with everyone and that is to
reload Game Wizard onto the calc after a new game is loaded on to stop any
crash from ever occuring.  The only crashes that occur are those games that
people purposely plop their temporary variables in the APD_BUF memory where
Game Wizard's TSR resides (I have provided a text file that covers the
internal secrets of Game Wizard to not only this list but also is on
TI-CALC.org and also <http://shinelight.home.ml.org/> under the What's New
section so no programmer has a single excuse for crashing the calc under
Game Wizard).

>The problem with Dying Eyes is NOT because of the method, it is a small
>error in the relocation code. The only problem with that kind of
>relocation is that programs like Game Wizard gets harder to make, and the
>problem with KEY_HAND.

KEY_HAND has always had a problem because of it's powerdown "feature" which
programs don't use anymore because of the constant possibility of a crash
(even if someone fixed the relocation problems there would always be that
possibility).

>Can you guess why I chose to call it Simpel relocation ??

Yeah, it's lousy coding and poor thinking on your part :)  Don't flame me
on this, you asked me to guess, so I did (you asked for it).

>BTW I can not remeber you suggesting any relocation method for the TI82 on
>this list.

Well, I have already re-stated (for the 5th time) what block relocation is
(maybe the method you have already thought of) in another message that I am
sending to the list in response to Barbury's (I think that's his name)
request.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.