Re: A82: Galaxian 2.1 response

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Galaxian 2.1 response

>#2 MULTIPLE KEY PRESSES
>      I'm not sure why SOMETIMES multiple keypresses are required. For
>some reason
>the highscore and title text routines from Orzunoid just don't
>function as well.
>I'll try to fix it in the next version, though. It isn't really that
>important. Oh
>no! I have to press Enter two or three times once in a while.

    Umm, that's really annoying...sloppy coding. You shouldnt discredit
it just because Hruska said it.

>#3 GAMEOVER SCREEN
>      I don't really see the need for it except for the fact that
>sometimes if you
>are really button-pressing happy then your name on the highscore
>screen is screwed
>up.

        Well, when something like that is so damn easy to fix, why the
hell not?

>#5 BAD CONTROLS
>      The controls are what they are because that is how they are on
>the 85. I never
>have felt the need to change them. Since several people have commented
>that they
>are awkward then I'll change them to 2nd and Alpha.

    I agree that the Y= is awkward...2nd and Alpha would be much
better.

>     I think thats all of the complaints. I'll try to address them in
>the next version.
>Oh, and to Thomas Hruska, a highscore of 49,007 is pretty pathetic
>considering that
>you think you did the best that is possible. Just remember highscore
>getting is supposed
>to be about skill. That is the same reason why I took out the extra
>life and points
>after a level up in Orzunoid. Finally,  maybe someone on the list
>could explain that
>rather strange review on TI-Philes about Orzunoid 4.0. The guy seemed
>way to preoccupied
>with what he could do if he was a programmer and he described things
>that aren't
>even in Orzunoid. Either TI-Philes messed up or that guy is on drugs.

    No, whoever reviewed it probably just thought the game could be
improved. Like me. Galaxian is great, but dont get so defensive when
ppl offer a few suggestions which will easily make the game better!
                                                    ~Kurai