Re: A82: Hruska's AI potential -? (Mainly to Hruska)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 06:42 PM 9/22/97 -0600, you wrote:
>So when your finished with squarez, and thus your wonderful AI which
>will allow people to make games much easier and faster, will games like
>mario, and penguins be easier to make using your AI? Or is this thing

YES!  It is going to be a whole ton easier to make games.  I expect SQRXZ
II (all new levels and enemies) to come out about a day after I make the
first one.  I won't be the one making SQRXZ II.  I'll leave that to those
who want to make it.

>gonna be pretty hard to make work with games. Just curious, can this
>thing be used to make a duke nukem type game? I know you have hinted at

Yup!  Duke Nukem shouldn't be too hard to make.  It will require a few
changes in the A.I. engine.  These include removing the
jump-on-the-enemies-heads-to-destroy-them part and add things like weapons
to the A.I. engine.  Even after SQRXZ 82 is done, I will continue to add
things to the engine to make it even easier to make new games.

>making that earlier when you made your ash<->os-82 converter with the
>grey scale/secondary graph level thingy included. BTW a while ago I

Since GreyScale is so ugly on the 82 (because of the display controller), I
haven't found any reason to add support for it in my SpriteDraw routine.

>heard of a ASH<->ZSHELL,<->OS-82 converter? Is that scrapped now?

v2.0 of the Development Kit will allow you to convert between the following
shells:  ASH <-> OShell-82 <-> OS-82 <-> ZSHELL.  Its just on the
back-burner until I complete SQRXZ 82.

Well, that answers all your questions for now.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: