A82: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re:

 I have only had my calc crash once, and that was at the time when i was
testing OS82 and some programs for it. After writing the last mail about
this problem i did some more testing and i think that you are right, it is
probably badly written asm programs which causes the problem.

I tried to put the Ash 3.0 backup on the calc and pressed 2nd on a lot of
times, and there was no problem. When i tried the same thing yesterday and
found the "bug" i had some programs on it too. So to me i looks like some
programs (both Ash and OS82 programs) uses the part of the system memory
which holds the LASTENTRY buffer for data storage. I did some testing of the
programs i had on my HD, and there was only one program which caused this
(none of the programs i have released caused it :-). So I tested this a few
times on my calc, and it crashed every time. Maybe some of you could try it
too, put SPAZE INVADERS on your calc, run it, exit the shell and press 2nd
ENTER alot of times. This crashes my calc.

If the problem is badly written programs we need to find out which programs
causes this. I think SPAZE INVEADERS is one of them, but there are probably
mopre than one. So if the people who have had the calc crash mail me a list
with the follwoing information i could have a look at it.

What programs did you have on your calc ?
How often does it crash ?
How often do you send backups to it ?
What shell are you currently using ?

When i have found a list of the programs which might be causing the problem
i could then talk to the authors of them, and try to see if we could find
out what was wrong.

Unless none of you have problems with SPAZE INVADERS i will recommend that
you do not use it untill the author has fixed the problem (i wont).

Dines Justesen