Re: A82: more mess-ups

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: more mess-ups

At 09:04 PM 10/28/97 PST, you wrote:
>Why is it it can take a few days for a calculator to mess up?  I played
Ark! v1.1 alot Saturday and my calc was fine.  It was working okay for a
week or two beforehand.  All of a sudden, today it messed up after just
playing Ark.  I got a backup from my brother, played mostly Ark and a
little SameGame, and it messed up again.  My brother's calculator messed up
later that day.

Ark v1.1 has NOT crashed my calc at all (I've had it on my calc as long as
the program's been out).  I have even used Game Wizard v2.0 successfully
with it many times.  Spaze Invaders v1.1 (or whatever the latest version
is) is the only program that has crashed my calc numerous times.  It seems
to overwrite other programs in memory which usually causes some serious
crashes to occur.  SameGame crashes sometimes under Game Wizard which
suggests that there is a possible problem with the program.  The following
programs will not crash the calc:

Zetris v1.0
Ark v1.1
Orzunoid
Alien
Tunnel
Dstar

There are probably a few others, but these are the ones that I've tested.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org