Re: A82: Mac?

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Mac?

Here is how to compile on a mac with a PC emulator.

The minimum you need is some sort of DOS emulater (Virtual PC, SoftWindows,
SoftPC, etc.) It has to be able to mount a mac folder as a DOS drive. Virtual PC
does this for sure, use the "Folders" toolbar button. You will also need some
sort of link, I use the TI gray cable. Lastly, for convienience, download the TI
autotyper. You can get it on ticalc.org at
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/mac/tiauto.hqx . TASM is available at
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/dos/asm/tasm301.zip . Also download the full Ash zip.
Stuffit expander is at http:www.aladdinsys.com. To unstuff zip files, you may
need to also get the dropstuff with expander enhanccer archive.

I will use Virtual PC as an example here, cause that's what I got.

1) Install Virtual PC, setting it up to with a bootable partition. (If you have
Win95/WinNT, when they boot, do a Start:Run and run command.com to get to the
dos command line)
2) Make a new folder, on the desktop. Call it TI or something. Open Virtual PC,
and share that folder as a drive (Drive F: in this example)
3) Put into the new folder tasm301.zip and ash.zip. Run stuffit expander, and
extract the zip file.

4) Go to virtual pc.
8) f:
9) cd tasm301
10) copy *.* ..
11) cd ..\ash
12) copy *.* ..
13) cd ..
14) deltree tasm301 (Answer yes)
15) deltree ash (Yes)

You can now compile any file in the TI directory inside of VPC by typing "ash
myprog". To make your first program, open up BBEdit (Or BBEdit lite, the free
version). (Something that can save to DOS format text files. OR, use a mac file,
and with MacOs8, you can download a CMM file that will convert the line endings
from Mac to Dos.). Write a program. Save it in the ti directory as "test.asm".
(To get BBedit to do a DOS file, pull down one of the menus in the document
window, and select DOS instead of mac or unix.)

To compile a program:
Go to Virtual PC and the ti directory. type "ash myprog". Go to the finder, and
drag the newly created myprog.82p into the ti autotyper icon (After you expanded
it). Now open up the link program, and send it over to the calc.

Hope I didn't misss anythibng.