Re: Re_ A82: Assembly programmers? where?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re_ A82: Assembly programmers? where?

There is no OS-82 school available, only Ash and ZShell. There are several
differnces between Ash and OS82 programming.

Accesing data: If you want to acces data you have to use PROGRAM_ADDR when
you use OS82.

Jumping/Calling: In OS82 you have to use CALL_() instead of CALL sometimes
(or JUMP_() instead of JP)

Keydefinitions : Not all the keydifinitions found in the Ash include file
is found in the os82 include file.

Rom calls: Rom calls are handled differently in Ash/OS82 and not all
romcalls supported by Ash is supported by OS82.

Names: The rom calls are not all called the same thing in Ash/OS82.

I have never used os82 or written programs for it so i might be wrong, but
as far as i know these are the differences. Jason and i agreed on using
relocation in the new shell, so program for that will probably be more
like Ash programming than Os82 programming. However the differences are
not very big and if you can program for one shell you can easily learn to
program for another. So chose what ever shell you like. IF you goto the
shell school it includes information on how to use PROGRAM_ADDR and tings
like that.

Dines

_______________________________________

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or
       c958362@student.dtu.dk
WWW  : http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c958362/

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Bennie R Copeland wrote:

> just what kind of differences are there in programing between ash and
> os-82? I wanna learn for os-82 but I have only found the ash school.  is
> the only difference the include files?

Follow-Ups: References: