A82: Re: To anyone who knows... call $017E

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: To anyone who knows... call $017E

$017E is called by the interrupt handler to update the keyboard buffer.
This
means that the function is allready called several times a second, and the
result is stored in system mem. Therefore i do not see the point in
calling
it from you program, just reading the data from system mem would be alot
easier and faster. To read a key from the system mem call GET_KEY. To see
if
more than one key has been pressed use the bit instruction. $017E does not
take care of APD,Contrast change or ON pressing. If you want to call it
use
CALL. Any function which has an adresse < app. 800h should be called using
CALL, functions which has an addresse >app. 3000 should use ROM_CALL (in
Ash).

Dines