RE: A82: Thanx.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A82: Thanx.

On Tuesday, July 08, 1997 6:47 PM, Ryan N Gillespie[SMTP:ryan.gillespie@juno.com] wrote:
> I'm trying to learn how to use sprites right now. (I *THINK* that's what
> using the display controller directly is going to do for me....uh, Sam?
> Hehehehe)

Well... if you're going to write anything with a substantial amount of moving graphics, you should probably write to a buffer in memory first, then copy it all at once to the LCD (using my routine :)  because that will reduce the flicker, even though it may slow down the main loop of your program a tad, it will *GREATLY* improve the display quality (I even do this in Daedalus, if you Ti-82 people have seen it ;)  So you never really have to write *directly* to the screen if you use the copy routine, but you should learn how to access the memory buffer quickly and efficiently so your games will be nice and speedy...
	Sam
--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>