Re: A82: Avalanche bug when ran in CrASH v1.1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Avalanche bug when ran in CrASH v1.1

Well, this is interesting. Cause when I tried Avalanche with CrASH it
did work fine. I think I know what your problem is. I also tried many
things with CrASH and did have some crashes and errors occur. There are
some more things besides the turbo-speed, that will not work with CrASH.
For instance, when trying out CrASH, after putting on lots of games I
could not run the first one listed in the second page. And, it also
crashed on me when I was playing Zetris. Now, I know Avalance and Zetris
have NO errors or bugs in them. The problem is the order and what games
you play. Even with ASH, if you play a whole bunch of games (especially
including Zpong) eventually your calc will get messed up. And since
CrASH is not 100% compatible with ALL Ash games things are going to go
wrong. If you just send Avalanche to your calc and play it with CrASH it
will work, so will most everything else. BUT, many programs together
will mess somethings up. I hope you understand what I am saying.  The
authors of CrASH haven't documented EVERYTHING like Dines has for Ash.
Some things (especially regareding the display controler and ports) may
be diffrent.

One last comment: The makers of CrASH did a good job, HOWEVER, pretty
much coping ASH is not good. I can tell you are skilled writes, so make
an original shell, don't steal Dines origianl idea!!!!

And, The makers of CrASH and Dines should be the ones to get together
and make one shell with all the necessary goodies such as relocation,
libraries, running asm from basic programs etc..

Follow-Ups: References: