Re: A82: New reviews/the [ON] button

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: New reviews/the [ON] button

> The problem with programmers is that they refuse to read documentation!!!
>  If you people would read the include files and study up on how to use the
>  KEY_HANDler properly, you wouldn't run into these crashes and bugs.  If you
>  are too lazy to type something like ROM_CALL(KEY_HAND) \ res 4,(IY+09) into
>  a macro, don't bother to program.  People get REALLY ticked off when they
>  accidentally press a key they aren't supposed to and crash their calc.
>  This is why I won't be playing Lights Out (or any other game by Adamman)
>  until the author cleans up his act.  Take your time to program, beta test
>  EVERYTHING, leave no room for flaws.  This is why my programs end up
>  looking fairly professional without any help from anyone else.  This is
>  also why my programs also take longer to finish...I do NOT like flaws/bugs
>  of any type in them.  Sloppy/quick code=bugs galore.  Taking it slow and
>  carefully=few bugs (easily cornered and removed) and cleaner code.
>
>  BTW, the [ON] key isn't like any other key...it can't be detected except
>  through the interrupt it creates.  In other words, it isn't connected to
>  the main keypad directly.  You have to access port 3 to get it.  ALWAYS res
>  4,(IY+09) whenever an [ON] interrupt has been generated or you run the
>  serious risk of a crash.
>

>                   Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
>  Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
>           http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
>                      http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Gee, thanks.
I don't use KEY_HAND - it's too easy to turn off the calc and you can't detect
2nd.  You will never find KEY_HAND in any of my programs, always GET_KEY.
Furthermore, I tested the ON key on my calc-just for you.  I tested it in
EVERY area of Lites Out and nothing happened.  I did the same with SameGame.
So unless you can tell me why your calc crashed, you have nothing against me.
What exactly happened, you just said it crashed.

~Adamman