A82: ASH questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: ASH questions

HELP!  Re-writing Game Wizard (actually its just translating it to the 82
but feels like I'm re-writing everything) for ASH v3.0 is a pain in the
neck.  Right now, I need some inside info. on ASH and it seems that Dines
Justesen is on vacation or something.

Here are my questions that need to be answered about ASH.  If any other
shell is similar to ASH v3.0, you could be of great help to me.

1) Does ASH EVER use the APD buffer (besides an actual APD)?
2) If I create an interrupt table in the APD, starting at $8300, where
should it end ($8401 or $8402)?
3) How, and where, does ASH move programs once they finish running?

So far, I've got all of my interrupt routine confined to the APD buffer
(different from Game Wizard v1.0 which uses the Graph_Mem and the APD).  A
really weird thing is that I can load Game Wizard, exit to ASH, but when I
press the [ON]+[.] keys it sometimes crashes.  This only happened once, but
it still is strange.  I'm trying to get Game Wizard to work with Spaze
Invaders, but it crashes every time I run it...maybe it uses the APD for
some variables.  TIA for any suggestions you may have.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org