Re: A82: How to use _GRBUFCPY_V with ash ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: How to use _GRBUFCPY_V with ash ?

You are right, if you use the _GRBUFCPY_V function you just set the bits
in the graph mem
and then call the function. The function is supported both be Oshell and
Ash.

The function is not included in the Ash TI82.H because it is so slow. All
the delays in the
function is way too long, it does stupid hings with the cursor, and pushes
registers which
are not needed. Because of this we thought that people would be better off
using other
methods of writing things to the display. If anyone want to use this
function anyway, it is
ofcorse possible.

If you look in 82-ROM.TXT you will see that the function is located at
38C6 in rom version
19. So if you want to use it include the following line in your program

_GRBUFCPY_V = $38C6-$1A

Then if you want to call the function just call it like a normal rom
function (
ROM_CALL(_GRBUFCOY_V) ).
(The same method can be used with other functions found in 82-ROM.txt too)

If you want to make rectangles very fast, use the display controller
directly. Look in
82-PORTS.TXT for more information (and mail me if you have question about
it).

Dines

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or