[TI-M] Re: Error/Too bad?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-M] Re: Error/Too bad?

as a approaches infinity (or negative infinity)
sin(x)^a diverges.  Suppose it did.  Then for epsilon > 0
there would exist B > 0 such that for x >= B, it would
be true that |f(x) - 0| < epsilon.  BUt no matter how big
x or B is there exists x such that x = 2Pi k (where k is a positive
integer, actually even pi k, but whatever).  Then f(x) = 0, and
the requirement for the limit existing at infinity is false,
thus it cannot have a limit as a approaches infinity...

--
Andy Selle <aselle@ticalc.org>
   Programming and System Administration, Survey Editor, Accounts Manager