[TI-M] Re: 3D surface ->2D picture

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-M] Re: 3D surface ->2D picture

3d graphics are a lot older than 10 years ago.  Anyways:

Computer Graphics, Principles and Practice, 2nd edition in C. By Foley,
van Dam, Feiner, and Hughes. Published by Addison-Wesly, reprinted with
corrections 1997.

A standard text, I highly recommend it.  As far as the explanation, the
formulas can be easily derived if you think of the screen as a plane of
intersection with rays which go from the viewpoint (your eye) to the point
you wish to plot.  Using linear intersections, you can find the x,y on the
plane (the screen).

So if your point you wish to show is at (x3,y3,z3) and your monitor
plane is at x=xS and your eye is at (xE,yE,zE) then the projection
is at

ySP = y3 + (xS-x3)*(yE-y3)/(xE-x3)
zSP = z3 + (xS-x3)*(zE-z3)/(xE-x3)

--
Andy Selle <aselle@ticalc.org>
   Programming and System Administration, Survey Editor, Accounts Manager