TI-M: Integral Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Integral Question

Now that we're getting into integration by parts...we're starting to
integrate by parts...  There was one problem on the "suggested exercises"
that was stumping me:  the integral of e^sqrt(x) with respect to x.  If
you're willing to answer it, I'd actually like more of a starting hint rather
than the full solution, and see if I can go from there ;)

So far I have:

integral(e^sqrt(x) dx) =
[u = e^sqrt(x); du = e^sqrt(x) * 1/(2sqrt(x))]
[dv = dx; v = x]
integral(e^sqrt(x) dx) = x * e^sqrt(x) - integral((x * e^sqrt(x) /
(2sqrt(x))) dx)

Which doesn't seem to help me much...and further applications of integration
by parts didn't help too much either (I did get various positive half-powers
of x times e^sqrt(x), but I'm figuring I need a *negative* single half-power
(square root) of x...).

Thanks,

JayEll