TI-M: Algebra- Extra stuff about my idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Algebra- Extra stuff about my idea

Alright, many of you have expressed interest in doing a project like making
a CAS for the ti-8x calculators.  Here is my idea:  I want to make a series
of modules that can be used to do certain algebraic functions.  Kirk Meier
(sp?) once tried this, and he has already told me that a full out CAS on the
ti-86 is impossible due to memory contraints.  However, certain modules
could be built to do specific functions:  Factoring, Exacting (taking a
decimal number and expressing it in radical or improper fractional form),
Symbolic Manipulation (the biggest and the hardest).  I have already made
several programs that do things like these, but they are incomplete and in
basic (so they are WAY to damn SLOW!....it could not be done in basic, it
would have to be asm.) I have many ideas.  I have made a program in basic
that takes a simple equation with x and y and solves it symbolically.  Thats
all good, but it is too limited and takes a good five seconds to solve a
very simple equation.  I also have a program that Sebastian Reichelt wrote
in c++...it is supposed to break down an equation into numers and operators.
  I don't know how it works though, becasue i don't have c++ and i can't
decompile it.  If anyone has c++ and could convert it to text, i would be
very appreciative.  Anyway, if anyone else has any questions about my ideas,
or tips, or if you want to get in on it, then let me know.