Re: TI-M: Algebra- Extra stuff about my idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: Algebra- Extra stuff about my idea

Well, the TI-89 has CAS capabilities. When I bought mine, I was
expecting something better and I thing extending it may not be
impossible. The question is how to do this:

1. Using C++ it may be possible to cross-build some important parts of
http://www.ginac.de/
It is possible, but probably it will be quite difficult to do this and
I am not sure how much memory will be necessary.

2. Some kind of Lisp would be quite welcome. I am not good in Lisp,
but I think this would be very good thing to do. I am
Mathematica user and I miss some basic things to use TI89 in
non-trivial way.

3. It may be possible to use TI-GCC to build some better API and
additional functions based on TI89 existing functions. However I read,
that TIOS2 has some severe limitations which make it even less
usefull, compared to TIOS1. I may be wrong.

In any case I think TI89 and TI92+ is quite different from others and
I wonder if it will be possible to do someything for older calcs.

--JS