[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

thx for your answers so far!

As far as I could figure out the gps mouse will send its data asynchronously
at 4800 bauds.
The connection parameters are: 4800, n, 8, 1 stop bit (what does n,8 mean?).
Is this the way PC link programms transfer data to the ti-89 (I use the grey
Ti-graph link cable) ? Is 4800 bauds slow enough for the ti-89 to receive
without a convertion to synchronous transfer (I wont care if some packages
get lost !)?
Once the ti-89 will receive the data, the package interpretation should be
easy, cause the gps-mouse will send simple character streams in the form
$GPGGA,144931,5054.9257,N,00659.2189,E,0,00,,,M,,M,,
where $GP... indicates the beginning of a new data package.