[TI-H] Re: Connecting a gps tracking mouse to the Ti-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tristan Schaap wrote:

> Ofcourse the connection speed has to be constant, first of all, a
> processor needs a set frequency, this is usually done using either an
> internal oscillator, or external crystal or RC circuit. Also, the
> speed you send at automatticly becomes the speed the TI receives at.
> (There is ofcourse a certain limit, 9600 Baud or something). Read the
> information about the protocols on ti-calc.org.

The protocol for the TI link, does not define any speed...
It is syncronous, and goes as fast as the involved calcs can handle, or
at 9600 if you use the grey linkcable, but this is because of the design
of the cable, not the calc. Different calcs can go different speeds. the
ti89 I think handles up to about 50Kbit/s
The calc is driven by a RC-circuit, and this is temperature sensitive,
and battery dependant. Thus, the speed of the calc is not 100%
predictable, making it a pain do do asyncronous communication.
But at low speeds it is probably possible. Or you have to have some
circuitry in between with real crystal that converts asyncronous data to
calc syncronous.

--Olle

Follow-Ups: References: