[TI-H] Re: Which calc should i buy???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 00:49 2001-11-15, you wrote:
>I use the OS that was on my calc when I bought it, as I imagine 95+% of the
>users do.

Ok, then you have AMS1.00 like I had when I bought it.
luckily I think about 95% of the users today had 2.0x on it when they
bought it.

>The 86 just has a better menu design.  They are there, but they don't get in
>the way.  Big graphical pulldown menus would probably work on a 92 (never
>used one), but the 86's design seems to be much better.
>   Maybe I wouldn't
>like the 92 either.  I just attributed it not feeling right to being based
>on a calc that is oriented differently hardware wise.

ok..  there is no difference except how many pixels there is on the
physical screen. as you probably know, even the graphics memory is the same
size on the 89 as on the 92, except not all of it is visible.
Personally I like the 89 menues better then the 85/86 model, but I guess
that is mostly taste.

>Yeah, it seems a bit odd, but I don't think you notice unless you do 3D.
>How many people have done that?  Only one?

non-square pixels?  you notice it as soon as you try to draw a circle, or
draw your own sprites :)
On a PC it doesn't matter as much, since you have so many more pixels per
sprite, but to draw an 8x8 or 16x16 sprite and not having square pixels is
a bit messy imho. specially if you want it animated or rotated.

> > The system calls on the 89 is also very well documented. Big thanks to
> > Zeljko Juric with tigcclib.
> > There is also documentation from TI in the SDK
>
>Not when I bought it :)

Heh. ok. A lot has happened since then.

///Olle