[TI-H] Re: Which calc should i buy???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Which calc should i buy???

> This I don't recoginze at all. My menus are certainly not slow. Hm. Do you
> still use AMS 1.00 or 1.05?
> In that case, upgrade to 2.x, it has a lot of improvements, among other
> things in menus. (you could for example not push up at the top of the
menus
> in 1.x and get to the bottom of the menu. You can in 2.x)
> How being designed for the 92 has anything to do with this I don't
> understand either.
> There is virtually no differnce at all between a 92+ and an 89
hardwarewise.

I use the OS that was on my calc when I bought it, as I imagine 95+% of the
users do.

The 86 just has a better menu design.  They are there, but they don't get in
the way.  Big graphical pulldown menus would probably work on a 92 (never
used one), but the 86's design seems to be much better.  Maybe I wouldn't
like the 92 either.  I just attributed it not feeling right to being based
on a calc that is oriented differently hardware wise.

> This is all the same for the 89. One thing I don't like about the 86
screen
> is that it doesn't have square pixels.
> Specially easy to program for if you use TIGCC :)

Yeah, it seems a bit odd, but I don't think you notice unless you do 3D.
How many people have done that?  Only one?

> The system calls on the 89 is also very well documented. Big thanks to
> Zeljko Juric with tigcclib.
> There is also documentation from TI in the SDK

Not when I bought it :)

Follow-Ups: References: