TI-H: Newbie Q - The imfamous 'not working' message

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Newbie Q - The imfamous 'not working' message

Hi all,
   I just picked up a TI-85 for $25 at a yard sale Sat. I order a 89 off of
e-bay for $114 but the woman stole my money. :( Any way. I'm good at
electronics so I decided to make my own cable. I'm using the $4 dollar
schemo. I've been over the circuit a number of time, and I'm fairly certian
that all is well. But, it doesn't work. Whenever I plug in the cable into
the COM1 port and into my calc. The screen (on the calc) freezes. Any
specific reasons? None of the programs I've DLd have gotten there. What are
the voltages supposed to be on the link? I really don't know how trouble
shoot, so advice is appreciated. I know this message probably shows up a
lot, and you hate it, but could you bear with one more newbie question?
Thanks.
-William Cox
GoRobotics.net

R U 100% Sure
 that if you died tonight you'd go to heaven?
If not, can I tell you the truth?
william@characterlink.net