Re: TI-H: eeprom

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: eeprom

psys@cotelco.com.ar wrote:

> i'm the owner of a ti-92, and my project is add an SmartMedia.
>
> the circuit is quite simple, hc245 to buffer the bus, a hc373 to
> generate ALE, CLE and *CE, and some decoder ics.
> but the real magic will be the software.
> i think is better than using a uC thoung the serial link.

The main advantage should be that it should be many times the speed of a
link-port based version.  A believe there is an AVR based direct-bus
design out there somewhere too (might be Grants design), but I have no
idea if it was ever built or if any software was written.

There was a robotics project using 92's that used direct bus access at one
point, looks like they acutally completed it:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/6869/

Very cool project, great way to do an expander, but more programming than
I have time to do.

DK