Re: TI-H: Radio link.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio link.

From: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
> You can -easily- do that with an experimenters gunn from www.shfmicro.com

I was thinking more along the lines of using the transmitter and receiver
found here:

http://home.att.net/~wzmicro/rf_xmitter_receiver.htm

Its a 418Mc AM transmitter, which "transmit data up to 4KHZ", which I guess
means it will handle about 4Kbit/s transfer.  That would be pretty darn
slow, but fairly cheap too.

Along with a micro and associated parts it would probably be about $35 or so
for parts, and you could probably fit it completely inside the calc if you
wanted.

For about the same price you could use these 'Ming' boards:

http://www.rentron.com/RF-Remote.htm

Looks like they'll run at about 1200Bps, probably not alot slower than the
previous version.

Anyway, even if these aren't fast enough for a good TI radio link, they
could be quite useful for other projects, and they are reasonably priced.

DK

Follow-Ups: References: