TI-H: The TI GraphLink protocol + more

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: The TI GraphLink protocol + more

I've started to write utilities for TI calculators to be run under
Linux (or hopefuly any kind of UNIX).
The Ideas I have for te moment for such utilities are:

* the basic linking software ( I know there already is such software
available, but I havn't got them to work with my TI-82)

* a X-based development tool for TI BASIC (On almost evry page I've seen
about developing BASIC software for TI calculators you can see that you
should get TI's GraphLink software just to help you to develop software on
your Computer, so I thought that why should you have to reboot you
Computer or run TI's software in a emulator just to be able to create
programs for your TI)

* and maybe, just maybe, a compiler or a adon for existing software to
make it possible to write assembler programs under UNIX.

Currently I'm having some problems with parts of the basic linking
software. I've only got access to on sort of linking equipment (a grey
TI GraphLink), so I guess I could build both a Parallell and a Serial
link, but it would be easier if somebody with access to that kind of
hardware could write that part. The other problem is that I only got one
kind of calculator, and I want to be able to support at least a few more
kinds of calculators.
Any help with info on the Protocol used by the calculator over
the GraphLink would also be helpful, as the number of free serial ports on
my machine always is equal or less than 0.

I hope you all understand my ideas, if you don't just ask my, and i try to
explain.

Best Regards,

Per