Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

It ain't THAT close.  Close-ish, perhaps.  Well.  Hm.  Where can I see the
results of that test?  :)  See, I'm in the market for a laptop, and there
are already Celeron/466 chips available for them, so that might be a good
idea.  Would a Celeron/466 system perform better than my PII/400 desktop
system, you think?  Accounting for the 100MHz bus (or lack thereof), and
all?
I can spend about $2000 on this thing.  What do you guys suggest as far as
processor, mem, gfx, etc?  Where should I look?  I'm sort of afraid to buy
from Pricewatch because I've had bad experiences with PW companies in the
past.  Should I get a personally configured Presario from Compaq?  I know I
want to go with AMD because you get so much more for your $$$.  But.  Inform
me!
I agree with you, though, that the PII and PIII are overpriced for what you
get.  I can't WAIT for the K7, baby :)

----Original Message Follows----
If you have seen tests you will see that the Celeron is a pretty close match
to a PII. Pretty good for what is suppose to be a disabled PII. The PII is
overpriced and as said in an earlier post, being phased out. In my opinion
PIIs and PIIIs are garbage, I would not waste my money on those chips.