Re: TI-H: Linux ftp

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux ftp

From: Jon Olson <morph@jmss.com>
>Eeep...apparently i've become the Linux tech support guy for the list. :>
>Anyway, you do a pnpdump >/etc/isapnp.conf and uncomment the right region,
>AND uncomment the (ACT Y) at the bottom of that section (telling it to set
>the card active.

That ACT Y thing is probably what I missed.  Didn't see any refrence to that
in the man pages.

>Then do an isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf (I know debian does
>this on startup, not sure about redhat or schmackware).

If it doesn't is there some where I can put it so it will run it on startup?

>You'll probably
>have to recoming your kernel with serial support as a module.

I don't understand that sentence, are you refering to recompiling?
I haven't the slightest clue how to do that, hopefully its already
included :)

>Also, if X locks
>up or your mouse freezes, use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+BackSpace to get out of X.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that before, but had forgotten about it.

I'm pretty dissapointed with the X shell that RedHat 5.0 comes
with, can I get others?  So far the best look for it has been
something called Litestep, but its kind of annoying too.

>Then you should be able to work from the console (which is a might better
>place to try hardware configuration mind you).

Ugh, you'd think someone would write a decent gui for it,
I put up with command lines long enough with DOS.
Actually, after seeing how X windows runs and the total
lack of UI uniformity I'm inclined to dump linux altogether
and go install NT.
Not that a command line interface isn't perfectly usable,
I just happen to prefer a GUI (personal prefrence, not
a suitable subject to start a debate over).

>The not booting now thing is
>i'm afraid, a fairly nasty problem. If you didn't have any useful data on
>there, just reload the whole thing.

Works for me, nothing useful on it, only ran for 4 days.

thanks
DK