Re: TI-H: Linux ftp

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux ftp

Eeep...apparently i've become the Linux tech support guy for the list. :>
Anyway, you do a pnpdump >/etc/isapnp.conf and uncomment the right region,
AND uncomment the (ACT Y) at the bottom of that section (telling it to set
the card active. Then do an isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf (I know debian does
this on startup, not sure about redhat or schmackware). You'll probably
have to recoming your kernel with serial support as a module. Of course,
RedHat may come with it as a module, again, not sure (Once you get to use
Linux a lot, you sort of ignore pre-packaged kernels :). Also, if X locks
up or your mouse freezes, use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+BackSpace to get out of X.
Then you should be able to work from the console (which is a might better
place to try hardware configuration mind you). The not booting now thing is
i'm afraid, a fairly nasty problem. If you didn't have any useful data on
there, just reload the whole thing. It's prolly lost tons of files by now
anyway :>. If you had something important, you're gonna need another hard
disk and a Linux boot disk, so you can mount the fraggled file system, and
try to retrieve what you needed. If ya have any more questions, mail me
personally.

-- Jon Olson

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 01:06:49AM -0600, David Knaack wrote:

> From: Jon Olson <morph@jmss.com>
>
> <snip linux help>
>
> Ok, so I had to reset my computer a few times without shutting
> down linux (attempting to get a PNP modem to work, which it
> doesn't yet), and now it won't boot cuz it complains of disk
> errors.  What are you supposed to do about that?
>
> And how do you configure a PNP modem?  I used that PNP
> configuration program that dumps out a config file with all
> the possable configs commented out.  I uncommented the
> one it recommend and ran the PNP configuration program,
> but I can't tell that it did anything.  Using the control panel
> program in XWindows to set the modem config has not
> been successful.  I either lock up the mouse or XWindows.
> Sometimes I can get it back, sometimes not, thats why I
> had to reboot without shutting down.
>
> I did figure out how to install a PPP interface, pretty slick.
>
> DK
>
> DK

Follow-Ups: References: