RE: TI-H: Linux link software.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Linux link software.

 <<<WARNING - OFF TOPIC>>>

> Hypothetical situation, the US government decides to
> legalize cannabis with rules similar to Amsterdam.
> Large manufacturers spring up selling cannabis cigs.
> Public opinion is such that there is no stigma associated
> with smoking cannabis.
>
> What would this mean for the tobacco industry?

Well, in my opinion the tabacco industry would become the cannabis industry.
They already have the infastructure, the marketing tools, and the brand
recognition that would give them a jumpstart on this new industry.  I have
no doubt that the first thing the would do would be to lace it with nicotine
to provide the physical addiction that cigarettes have.  This would be a
killer product for them.  I am not sure what the social implications would
be, but I imagine that it would not be good.  However, I also agree that
allowing alcohol and tobacco to be legal when marijuana is not is at
somewhat hypocritical.
							Gearry

Follow-Ups: References: