Re: TI-H: Vaporware

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Vaporware

>Yeah, we'll see about this.  My next paycheck says we see nothing develop
>out of it.  BTW, Grant, what's the status of that off-topic list you were
>going to set up?

I don't feel like serving junk.  I've got much better lists to serve, like
my avr lists.

>And how about this: (I quote) "I'll show you how to
>build a 2GB 62.5 hour [MP3] player for $130!"

Its easy.  The mas interfaces easily with any component you throw at it.

I havn't posted my desing because I know people will rip it and leave me
with nothing.  Instead, I'm posting enough info to make your own.

>OK, Grant, let's SEE it.
>(I'll forgive the obvious typo: 62.5 hr ~= 2.6 days.)

Ummm...  Lets see... 2,500MB.  At 7k a sec, thats 101 hours.  65.2 hours
would be a rate of about 64kbps.

>While you're at
>it, how about the "BackupMaster" [tm]?

I'm working with bryan to put it into the EII.  I can't post source.  I
will tell you how to make one.

>Oh, and maybe the dedicated TI
>I/O card (TI-H message on 4 Sept 1998)?

yep.  I'll TELL you how to do that.  I don't have the time I thought I
would since I have a history test on friday.  If you care to check, I can
give you the homework hotilne for my school.

its real easy.  Its the same idea as an IDE or PP bus connection.  Just use
a latch, and a bus transciever.  You have 8 input and 8 output lines.  Tie
them together, and start sending bytes to the port.  You have to use some
address decoders, but not too much.

>How about the TI-IDE interface

I posted that a while ago.  Then Richard told me not to post AVR code.

>(after Mel was forced to correct 87 different flaws in your HD
>knowledge)?

Actually, he found an error in my math.  Thats it.  All the rest of the
stuff he said was to make fun of me.  Like transfer rates...  The numbers
he gave you were hardware specs.  The numbers I gave were the
hardware+software (after the fat and verification routines).

>While you're at it, why don't you explain to us all what you
>mean by this: "If you try hard enough, every 95 program will run
>in 31." (12 July 1998)

Do it with the 3.1 dev kit from Microsoft.  it adds the missing librarys,
and some dlls to report an improper version number.

>I do not mean this post to be a flame.

sure.

>I think all of us remember
>Grant-bashing week some months ago, and I have no reason to restart that.

Then why start now?

> My point, however, is worth stating: Grant, SHOW us some of this
>wonderful stuff you claim to be designing, don't just brag about it.

I posted the keyboard interface, and there was silence.
I posted the ide code, and i got flamed for posting AVR code.

Go crawl into a corner while the list decides that they realy want to dev
hardware and not talk about ways to make it.

>know that right now your 15-year-old brain is trying to come up with a
>cocky one-line "you suck" response.

Oh yeah.  I never use that language.  I also don't go to a level where I
put someone else down because I've had a bad day.

EVERYONE who has e-mailed me priviately has received help on their calc
question.

The IR link?  After your stupid response, I'll be more than happy to send
the schematic.  its not done, but since you just have to see everything or
else you can't function like a human and leave people alone, I'll post it
without modifications.

I'm only posting this once.  I guess kevin ruined it for people wishing for
a finished "polished" version.

Oh well...  here it is...

>DON'T POST IT.  Instead, actually
>listen to what we are trying to say.

I think your "we are" should be put "I'm".

>Hey, I had a bad day,
>Kevin DeGraaf  :)

Don't pass it on to me.