TI-H: big music project

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: big music project

I am working on a project that i need your help on. i am making a
machine/robot that will play brass musical instruments. the first machine
that i plan on building is a trombone machine. the way it works is that
you place the trombone in some clasps in the machine and you either plug
it into a midi keyboard or your computer, or possibly even midis on a disk
drive and it will play the music. anyways, i need to know a bunch of
things:

1) what kind of metal wiring is it that contracts when a current is passed
through it?
1a) does it contract to different legths when different voltages are
applied?
1b) how long does this contraction take? is it an instantaneous thing or
does it take a second or two?

2) what kind of chip could i use to control the voltages applied to said
wire?
2a) could i just send a byte to it, that byte being the value of the
voltage to be applied?

3) I want to control a sereis of electromagnets, how would i go about
activating the different magnets?
3a) I just need something to complete a 60v circuit to the electromagnet,
is this possible?
3b) I would just tell it to activate magnet 11 and then it would complete
the circuit for magnet 11

4) how would i go about pitch recognition?
4a) can an avr be programmed to do this?

5) i need info on controlling motors with avr, where would i find this?

thanks for any help.

FUZZ
I Don't See Why Not
listen.to/yankovic