Re: TI-H: CBL clone (METER)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CBL clone (METER)

Neil wrote:

> I've started thinking how to design this circuit and i have a few
> questions to whoever wants it. For the robitics, could you let me know
> how many i/o ports you'd like? Also how many digital in, analog out,
> etc.

My primary interest in this is for robotics. I'm a very novice builder so
what I want is gonna be simple. As far as robotics are concerned all that
is required are a few logic gates. Three separate inputs and three
separate outputs should do nicely. If an input is pulled to ground the cbl
will return a variable of 1, if not 0. This could be done for multiple
inputs by using more digits. If input1 is not pulled to ground but input2
is, it could return the variable of 2. If both are pulled to ground then 3
is returned. ect. The chart form would look like this:

           input1  input2  input3  value outputted (from cbl)
closed                                            0
closed    X                                     1
closed                X                         2
closed                           X              3
closed    X         X                         4
closed                X        X              5
closed    X         X        X              6

This design makes use of the device very customizable. As far as output
goes to the cbl clone, we use the same method with three defined output
lines.

           output1 output2  output3  value inputted (into cbl)
closed                                                0
closed     X                                        1
closed                  X                           2
closed                               X              3
closed    X           X                           4
closed                  X          X              5
closed    X           X          X              6

Ta da! A very customizable robot base (relay switch board) for someone who
knows nothing about programming or hardware or anything (me :).
                            -Malluck