Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications

What difficult functions does a toll booth have? No not EVERYONE, but
pretty much anyone who has made successful programs in the past and is
logical... and it is impossible to have the perfect software/hardware
combination, so don't even say that. And no, you simply don't just piece
together a few IC's, it takes a lot more to create a good device... just
because HE didn't make the MAS doesn't make it simple to make...

>Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 22:48:38 -0600
>From: Pellaeon <_pellaeon@geocities.com>
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: Re(fcc): TI-H: Radio/Infrared/Laser Communications
>

>    Ok.. Now I don't know what has been said about this as I haven't
read
>that far in the E-mail.  But when I read this I just had to reply.
Anyone
>can program Toll Booths?  And by what facts do you base this
information?
>Are you a programmer?  A good one?  Do you relize how hard it is to get
code
>small enough and stable enough to do a task repeatedly without fail?
Do you
>know how hard it is implementing one piece of hardware to software?
And,
>(sorry grant no offense here) grant's MP3 player isn't all that
special.
>The heart of it is the MAS.  Something which he didn't design.  Only
>implemented.  He just found the pieces and put them together in the
right
>order.  The hard part will be interfacing IDE.  Which isn't done yet.
The