Re: TI-H: Re: these are surely things to ponder about :-Þ

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: these are surely things to ponder about :-Þ

Its not a paradigm at all. At 0K, all molecular
motion stops; its like asking someone to go half as
fast as stopped.. chances are they'll laugh at you
or else throw insulting slurs at you. However,
you can never reach 0K because of various
physical constraints of molecular physics.

At 0C, "twice as cold" would be ( 273 / 2)K. Perhaps
a better way to word "twice as cold" is half as hot,
since temperature is directly proportional to
molecular velocity. If you've done any math at
all, you'll realize that if the next day is
one half hotter still, you're at 273 / 4. Continuing
this reasoning yields a limit of 0 -- that is,
even ignoring the constraints of the physical
universe, the mathematical universe proves that
you can always have a day half as hot as the
previous without creating any great
inconsistancy.

To look at things more pragmatically, the question
is rather irrelevant, since at 0K you'll only be
asking that question if you can manage to move your
frozen-solid lungs. :-)

Bryan