Re: TI-H: G3 Rocks and a servo question???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: G3 Rocks and a servo question???

OK, now you are talking about something totally different. Those are a different
kind of motor. They are not your standard servo. Servos are the small motors that
are used in RC planes, cars, or whatever. The motors in a disk drive are more of a
stepper-motor, which works a lot different from the standard servo. A servo is
always going to have a pulse line. The steppers use directional controls. There
should be some kind of controller board for stepper motors. Servos don't require
this controller if you feed it the right kind of 'pulse'. I am still working with
these things. I still have me robot sitting in the corner. It is a small thing with
2 continuous servos for movement and a caster for a rear wheel. It moves like a
tank. I am hoping to be able to get my TI-92 to program a Basic Stamp and get the
stamp to actually do the movement. I want to add a few sensors to the thing soon.
Maybe I'll get to it between semesters....

Grant Stockly wrote:

> Naw, its nothing like that...  It realy does have GBD +R +L...  It was used
> in a super big 18" disk drive!  I've converted many newer disk drive servos
> to accomodate continus motion (you have to for the spinning LED clocks)...
> I just neve experimented with anything before I ripped them apart...

Follow-Ups: References: