Re: TI-H: Since when do diodes have 3 leads?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Robert Brack wrote:

> I got the backordered shipment of parts for link cables from Mouser
> today.  First of all, they overcharged me (I'm not too happy about that)
> and they sent me 20 TINY dioded (SMDs?)  with three leads!!!  What the
> heck!!!  I have several orders and cannot wait to send them back and
> order again.  Does anyone know how to use those?  They have 2 on one
> side and 1 on the other.

As somebody else said, they're probably just a 3 conductor package. Look
on one of the diodes pages in the Mouser catalog, there should be a
diagram for that chip. You should be able to find the correct diagram by
looking up the part number you got and finding which diagram it says to
use.

I think the 3 pin package is supposed to make it so automatic placement
machines can put the diodes on without getting new hardware for the
machine..

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com