Re: TI-H: PIC16F84

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PIC16F84

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, kimo wrote:

> Exactly what does the PIC16F84 do in the IR link by Sami?  And is there
> any electronic equipment that i might be able to desolder one from?  I
> saw some places sell them for $15 and i think that's a bit high.  Also,
> where does the IR link connect to the calc.  Thanks for the help.

DigiKey (www.digikey.com) sells most PIC microcontrollers in both the OTP
(one-time programmable) and the windowed EPROM styles. The OTP style is
less expensive because it does not require additional stuff to make it
eraseable. These are usually under $5, I think. The EPROM version, which
is eraseable, tend to be more.. $10 to $20, I think. But when you're doing
development, you would save a lot of money by getting the eraseable kind.

If the source code is currently available, I should be able to program one
of those for you.. I'll need to check to make sure my programmer supports
that one.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com