Re: TI-H: fixing calc- 83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: fixing calc- 83

> I have this ti 83 that just stopped working one day and wouldn't turn on.
> And, it was after the warranty expired. So I opened it up to see if there
> was anything I could see and fix it. There wasn't. So I was wondering If
> any of you have things I could try doing. BTW, I used a current testing
> device, and attached the positive end to the positive battery input. I used
> the other end to test areas. The only spot that gave me suspicions was
> behind the LCD on the board. There were some bare parallel strips of metal
> that looked slightly dirty. It was there that the tester didn't register.
> Hmmmmm. I tried to clean it a little, but that didn't do it. Before I take
> a powerful solution to it, what do you guys suggest?

I have been doing repairs for quite some time. calcs occasinaly just
quit. I do repairs for a $20 service fee, which covers all the repairs,
and shipping, and I always offer to do a free turbo with switch.

Contact me for more info. My computer is acting up. The keyboard and
mouse are not responding properly. ll get back you later.

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html