RE: TI-H: About the new calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: About the new calcs

	well, I think the 89 is missing a couple of features, which can explain the price.  Then there's the screen, which is a lot smaller.  The deal is that TI had probably not counted on so many high school students buying the TI-92.  Then again, when will you need that on a test?  The Math IIC was surprisingly simple, the SAT 1 won't even need a calc (I did it all in my head and aced the math), and in AP Calc, you can easily get by with an 85/6.
	And as long as we're mentioning superior designs, try the HP48GX.  Better programmability, built in Periodic Table, and who knows what else.  It's not as simple to use for some people, but it's just about as capable as the 92, down to 3-d graphs and the display algorithms (with an add-on program), also, all 128K is available, and it's upgradable.
	What we should be worrying about is why TI didn't do this sooner, and also, why TI hasn't re-evaluated their design philosophy yet.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
VirtuTech Developer's Group