Re: TI-H: Memory expansion: ESF

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Memory expansion: ESF

>yet again, if this project ever continues it will be without
competition.
>There is no reason for competition.  I have the money and recources to
make
>and sell the EIII (the lcd, link menu one) for $45.  I also have a link
>menu based expander for the 82 in beta stage, with 83 support right
around
>the corner.  If you want to go ahed and make your own, fine.  But I
will
>quit making all expanders.

People will always build ESFs, and new people may try to build PSX
expanders or whatever they're called. There will be future expanders,
and no one can do anything to stop it. The EII and future EIII may be
nice, but they will become a standard. a few people may want other
things, and even start selling them, but the EII has too much work put
into it to simply drop at the threat of competition. Just produce chips
for people who want to buy it from you, and everyone will be happy.

There will be future expanders, but don't make that a reason to quit the
EII/EIII.

I'm just saying. This is no flame or anything. I just think it takes
some nerve to say there must be a monopoly for the only universal
expanders to continue existence. The ESF was first, and if people want
it, they'll build it. It's the most compact expander in existence now,
and can hold a full 1 Meg! as long as people can grab a chip or two, it
will continue to be produced. The EII is simply the best Expander. That
allone  guarantees you a market for it. Don't worry about other peoples
projects, and worry about finnishing, and producing your own, and
getting Bryan's permission to release everything.

Don't quit making anything cause something else is made. OK, Please???

Thank you!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page